The city council reviewed the criteria used to evaluate letters of interest on two city owned properties from qualified developers, which includes site plan, benefits to the city, job creation, and alignment with the City’s Master Plan.
An appraisal was completed on the city-owned property located on 865 W. Montrose Street (the former police station). The property was valued at $785,000 and two submittal letters were received. After consideration, the city approved the offer submitted by Drs. Casavant & Kerpsack. The plan is to convert the police station into medical offices.
The city received three letters of interest for the property located at 922 Minneola Ave. (vacant property on Victory Way). After consideration, the council accepted the offer of Graff Development. The plan is to build an upscale, 24-unit condo development.
Shannon Schmidt, Director of Economic Development, gave a business update on businesses who are committed or considering locating in the downtown area.
Coming to Downtown Clermont
- Clermont Barn Brewery (It will offer wraps & flat breads as well as a variety of beers).
Located on Desoto Street (See our Q & A article in the business section) http://sltablet.com/2017/06/14/q-clermont-barn-brewery/
- Clermont Cabanas (opening in July) located on 875 W. Osceola St.
- Gray’s Collective Bridal
- Michael’s Ali Coal Fired Pizza
Will locate next to Suncreek Brewery on Minneola Ave.
- Savoree – Will locate next to Suncreek Brewery on Minneola Ave.
- Sweet (763 West Montrose Street)
- Suncreek Brewery – Minneola Ave
- Pirate Brew Coffee –
- SHE (event planning)
- Yellow Dogs Eats is actively pursuing opportunities in Downtown Clermont.
Part of the City’s master plan is to vitalize the Waterfront Park area.
- RusTeak Restaurant and Wine Bar is actively discussing with the city the opportunity to locate at Minneola Lakefront.