Submitted by Hilary Allen, Athletic Director, Lake Minneola High School
The Boy’s Soccer teams from South Lake and Lake Minneola have started a Greater Clermont Cancer Foundation Challenge. Both home games will donate half of the gate receipts to GCCF.
Tuesday, November 28
- Lake Minneola Varsity won the contest, 6 – 1, with Daniel Gopaul scoring three goals. JV Boy’s Soccer won against South Lake, 4 – 2.
- Boy’s Basketballs teams defeated South Lake 84 – 50 and 68 – 21.
- Girl’s Basketball teams lost two games to East Ridge. The JV lost 45 – 39 and the varsity lost 55 – 48.
Wednesday, November 29
- Girl’s Weightlifting team had a home contest against East Ridge and South Lake. East Ridge had 58 points. South Lake had 23 points. Lake Minneola had 14 points. Libby Rice finished as a runner-up in her weight class.
Thursday, November 30
- JV Boys Soccer team hosted Lake Highland Prep. The JV Hawks won 2 – 0.
- Girls Basketball team hosted West Port in a district game. The Lake Minneola JV team lost 44 – 38. The varsity game went into overtime before a great crowd. The final score was West Port 67, Lake Minneola 64.
Friday, December 1
- Boy’s Soccer team hosted a strong Olympia program. Olympia won both games.
Saturday, December 2
- Boy’s Basketball defeated Andrew Jackson, 57 – 49.
Another full week lies ahead for Lake Minneola.
Tuesday, December 5
- Girl’s Basketball travels to Eustis, boys soccer travels to East Ridge, boys basketball travels to Mt. Dora, while girls soccer will host South Lake.
Wednesday, December 6
- Girl’s Weightlifting will travel to South Lake.
Thursday, December 7
- Boy’s Soccer will host Windermere,
- Boy’s Basketball travels to East River.
Friday, December 8
- Girl’s Basketball will host East River
- Boy’s Basketball travels to Wildwood.