Submitted by Hilary Allen
Lake Minneola High School Sports – Week In Review (February 5 – 10)
Monday, February 5
- The Girls Basketball Team won its first game in the District Tournament against East River 51 – 45.
- The Cheer Squad finished 5thin the State Small Co-ed Division competition.
Wednesday, February 7
- In the Boys Regional Soccer Tournament, Lake Minneola beat Viera, 1 – 0 to advance to the semi-finals against Melbourne.
- The Girls Basketball team ended its season by losing to East Ridge, 53 – 44 in the District semi-final.
- The Boys Weightlifting team competed against Eustis. Delvin Salaam finished 2ndin the 129 class. Heriberto Candelario Reyes finished 2nd in 139. Fred Jackson finished 2nd in 183. Adriel Clovis finished 2nd and Stephone Atkinson finished 3rd in 219. Jacob Johnson finished 1st in 238. Jontae Allen finished 2nd in Unlimited and he set a new Personal Record with a 300 lb. bench press.
Thursday, February 8
- Both Boys Basketball teams defeated Foundation Academy.
Saturday, February 10
- The Boys Soccer team had its season come to an end in the Regional Semi-finals against Melbourne. The Hawks advanced further than any Boys Soccer Team in the history of Lake Minneola before losing 3 – 0.
- The Cheer Squad competed in the National Tournament at Wide World of Disney. What a great experience for the cheer squad.
Monday, February 12
- The Boys Basketball team competes in its District Tournament at Ocoee.
Tuesday, February 13
- The Softball team opens its season at home against Foundation Academy.
Wednesday, February 14
- The Boys Weightlifting team competes at South Lake.
Thursday, February 15
- The Softball Team plays at home against South Sumter
- The Tennis Teams play at East Ridge.
Friday, February 16
- Girls Lacrosse opens their season on Friday at Cypress Creek
- The Track Team begins its season at Bishop Moore.