Lake County Schools is preparing to kick off the 7th annual STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) Bowl from March 11-14, 2019. This event is a competition among Lake County elementary and middle school students to promote STEAM education, provide enrichment opportunities and increase collaboration among students.
Students from grade-level teams will work collaboratively to answer higher-order thinking questions and performance tasks that will require the use of several 21st-century skills.
During STEAM Bowl, students will demonstrate their expertise by engaging in an engineering design challenge. These challenges provide authentic opportunities for students to learn and apply the Next Generation Science Standards and Florida Standards while experiencing real-world applications of STEAM.
Schedule of Events
- Fifth-grade teams compete 8:30 a.m. to noon March 11
- Fourth-grade teams compete 8:30 a.m. to noon March 12
- Third-grade teams compete 8:30 a.m. to noon March 13
- Sixth/Seventh-grade teams compete March 14 (morning, starting at 8:30 a.m.)
- Eighth-grade teams compete March 14 (afternoon, ending at 3:30 p.m.)
All events will be held at the Wesley Center located at 715 West Juniata Street, Clermont, FL 34711.