The City of Groveland will be following suit of the County in the cancellation of all City-sponsored and community events through the end of March. The County reached this decision through the recommendations from Governor Ron DeSantis encouraging the postponement of mass gatherings.
In following these recommendations, Groveland’s Founder’s Week Celebration has been canceled to include all activities listed below:
- The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association Softball Clinic at Jimmy Thomas Memorial Park on March 21st.
- The Historic Society Scavenger Hunt at the Puryear Building on March 21st.
- Groveland’s Downtown Festival Park Chili Cook-Off on March 27th.
- The Farmers’ Market in Downtown Festival Park on March 28th.
- Cherry Lake Park Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on March 29th.Mayor and Council meetings will take place as planned, along with the Special and Presidential Primary Election on March 17, 2020.The City encourages all residents to continue practicing basic hygienic methods, such as the washing of hands, avoidance of touching your eyes, nose and mouth and the avoidance of close contact with people who are ill.For the most accurate and latest information on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), please visit the Center of Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.