This Tuesday, August 10, will start a new school year in south Lake County. The transition from a summer of late nights and sleep-ins to a more structured lifestyle can be stressful and filled with anticipation and nervousness. Add the threat of a COVID outbreak and the question to mask or not to mask, it’s no wonder parents, teachers and students are feeling high anxiety.
Every challenge is an opportunity to improve and move forward. The new learning environment, whether it be online or on-campus, is an exciting, new adventure.
- Cecil E. Gray Middle
- Clermont Elementary School
- Cypress Ridge Elementary
- East Ridge Middle
- East Ridge High
- Grassy Lake Elementary
- Gray Middle School
- Groveland Elementary
- Groveland High School
- Imagine South Lake Charter
- Lake Minneola High School
- Lost Lake Elementary
- Mascotte Charter School
- Minneola Charter School
- Montverde Academy
- Pine Ridge Elementary
- Pinecrest Lakes-4 Corners
- Pinecrest Lakes Academy
- Pinecrest Lakes Middle-High
- Real Life Christian Academy
- Sawgrass Bay Elementary
- South Lake High School
- Windy Hill Middle
If we failed to give your school a shoutout, let us know. ci
Spread the Pride, Let everyone know “Your school is cool”. Send school news and photos to email@example.com
Here are a few tips which may help you and your children get through the first weeks of the school year.
– Meet the new teacher. Find out his/her expectations.
– Tour the school if possible or help set up your student’s workstation
– Have your child connect with school friends before the first day of school if possible.
– Get the kids back into a regular bedtime routine
– Pack the backpacks with the needed school supplies, snacks, facemasks.
– Give the kids plenty of time to get ready for school in the morning. On the first day, take lots of pictures.
– Understand that the days ahead will be draining on you and your children. Give them time to chill after school.
Each morning, Hug Your Children, Wish Them A Fantastic Day And Be Ready To Listen. After All, Aren’t Hugs, Unconditional Love, And A Few Minutes Of Uninterrupted Time Important to Everyone?
Drivers: Leave home a few minutes earlier this week. Be aware of the increase in traffic and delays due to school buses, anxious parents, and preoccupied students.
Be Aware! – DON’T TEXT AND DRIVE!