In an effort to fight childhood hunger and offer relief to families struggling with poverty and homelessness, the Lake County Library System and the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida have teamed up to serve free lunches for kids under 18 this summer.
This year’s participating libraries:
- Astor County Library. Astor, FL. 352-759-9913.
- East Lake County Library. Sorrento, FL. 352-383-9980.
- Leesburg Public Library. Leesburg, FL. 352-728-9790.
- Marion Baysinger Memorial County Library. Groveland, FL. 352-429-5840
- Paisley County Library. Paisley, FL. 352-669-1001.
- W.T. Bland Public Library. Mount Dora, FL. 352-735-7180.
- Umatilla Public Library. Umatilla, FL. 352-669-3284.
In South Lake County, Marion Baysinger Memorial County Library, located at 756 W. Broad St., Groveland, is hosting the Free Summer Lunch Program Monday-Thursdays from noon – 1 pm. Snacks on Tuesday from 2 pm – 3 pm.
Below is an example of the monthly menu (subject to change).
Information, as well as menu items, are subject to change so check with the library for additional information.
To best serve the public, kids should arrive 15 minutes before scheduled times.