Pictured left to right Marilyn Barnes (Vice Chair, TNCSL Board of Directors), Lance Sewell (President, Orlando Health-South Lake Hospital), Trish Kry (CEO, TNCSL), Stephanie, Jessica, Avril (Orlando Health-South Lake Hospital Employee Committee Members), Chuck Seaver (Development Committee Chair, TNCSL Board of Directors).
by Chuck Seaver, South Lake Tablet
A donation of 5,000.00 was made possible by funds raised from the sale of T-shirts created by the South Lake Hospital employee committee. The T-shirts were purchased by other staff members and members of the community in support of The Neighborhood Center of South Lake (TNCSL). 
The group toured TNCSL and learned more about the increased need for food and other services provided to the community. The Center has realized an increase on average of 100 new families each month since the new year. Information was shared about the ALICE (Assett Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) population which is estimated to be 30 percent of the South Lake Community (those living in poverty make up 10 percent) A total of 40 percent of the population is considered ALICE or impoverished. 
L-R: TNCSL member Keith Wickham and Orlando Health-South Lake Hospital President Lance Sewell
Orlando Health-South Lake Hospital President Lance Sewell had the pleasure of meeting TNCSL team member Keith Wickham while touring the facility. Keith is the son of the late Don Wickham, the street for which the hospital is located on. Don Wickham joined the South Lake Hospital’s District Board of Trustees in 1985, where he served as President from 1988 to 1996, prior to being appointed as President of the South Lake Hospital Board of Directors. Wickham was instrumental in the formation of the South Lake Hospital and Community Foundation of South Lake County through the successful partnership with Orlando Regional Healthcare. 
TNCSL nourishes the South Lake Community by providing anyone in need with the necessary resources to improve lives by honoring the dignity and diversity of each client, volunteer, and community partner.
To learn more about the Neighborhood Center of South Lake, visit their Website at TNCSL
Previous articleCelebrating Easter In Groveland
Next articleThe Easter Bunny Is Hopping Down The South Lake Bunny Trail This Weekend! (April 7-8)